Get DiningCity for Android
and Browse faster.
Update date: November 1, 2021
Effective date: November 8, 2021
The Terms apply to products named “DiningCity 鼎食聚”, “DC Assistant”, “DC Partners” developed by Shanghai Shiju Network Technology Company Limited. We are a platform that provides mid-to-high-end catering reservation services for users (hereinafter referred to as “you”).
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you make a reservation for a restaurant on our site, we will need to collect certain information about you such as your name, email address, phone number and location. We do not share personal information about you with outside parties unless you made the reservation through a 3rd party website, in which case the 3rd party website will have visibility on the reservation details of your booking made through the 3rd party only to be able to provide support.
INFORMATION ABOUT ALL VISITORS OF DiningCity
DiningCity may gather certain usage information from DiningCity, like the numbers and frequency of visitors to our web site. The data is only used on the aggregate and does not include any personally identifying information.
DiningCity app permissions
- DiningCity may request location permissions in order to accurately show content in the relevant location.
- DiningCity may request camera and file access permission in order to let you post photos in reviews or update your user profile.
- DiningCity may request IMEI, MAC and read installed apps permission in order to enable payment functionality through third-party providers. For more information on data collected by payment third-party providers, please see section “Date Security” b.
DC Assistant app permissions
- DC Assistant may request location permissions to help you set up your restaurant location setting.
- DC Assistant may request camera and file access permission in order to let you submit restaurant, deal or menu dish photos.
DiningCity uses a technology nicknamed 'cookies'. Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. They tell us how and when pages on our site are visited and by how many people; Cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, although they do identify a user's computer. We do not combine information collected through cookies with other personally identifiable information in order to detect who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address; Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent this. If you do so however, you may not be able to take full advantage of our web site. The complete the restaurant reservation process can for example only be accessed if you accept cookies.
DiningCity will, but are not obliged to, at your request or on our own initiative replenish, rectify, or erase any incomplete, accurate or outdated personal data on you.
Personal information collected by DiningCity is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public.
HOW WE MANAGE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD-PARTIES
Authorization and consent principle: Without your consent, we will not share your personal information, unless the shared personal information is de-identified information, and the shared third party cannot re-identify the natural person subject of such information. If the third party uses the information for a purpose beyond the scope of the original authorization and consent, they need to obtain your consent again.
Third-party SDKs for geolocation: the geolocation function provided to you by a third-party geolocation vendor that cooperates with us. We will share the GPS location to Amap so that the location results can be returned to you. GPS information is personal sensitive information, and refusal to provide it will only affect the geolocation based features, but does not affect the normal operation of other features.
USER CONTENT (REVIEWS, COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS AND OTHER CONTENT.)
DiningCity reserves the right (but has no obligation) to monitor, remove, or edit the various types of non-compliance User Content without notifying User. Any such non-compliance User Content must not be illegal, threatening, obscene, racist, defamatory, libelous, pornographic, invasive of privacy, purposely false or otherwise injurious to third parties, any form of “spam” or advertising other websites or services etc.
STATEMENT OF POSSIBLE TRANSFEREES
Information we collect about you will only be used by the restaurant where you make your online reservation or may be available to the partner channel you made the booking through. Example if you made a reservation on for example Ctrip’s mobile app using the DiningCity reservation form, Ctrip has visibility on this reservation information to be able to provide support to you. If you did not use a 3rd party to make your reservation the reservation data will only be shared with the restaurant you made the reservation at.
Written reviews published on DiningCity may also be visible on partner websites or 3rd party content but will always be watermarked as coming from DiningCity. At no time does the ownership of your review change. If the review is removed on DiningCity it will also be removed from other partner websites.
STATEMENT OF RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by us.
ACCOUNT REMOVAL PROCESS
To request an account deletion, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be processed within 15 days of your identity verification or within the time specified by local laws and regulations. Once you have successfully logged out, we will delete or anonymize your personal information as soon as required by local laws and regulations. For rules and procedures for cancelling an account, please see the “User Cancellation Guide” appendix.
NOTICE OF CONTACT PERSON TO REQUEST ACCESS OR CORRECTION
If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by us, please e-mail DiningCity , email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org(Hong Kong).
Website traffic data
We do not collect any personally identifiable information from the visitors to our website. Our service provider makes a record of your visit that shows only the Domain Name Server address part of your email address, e.g. "coolmail.com" from an e-mail address of "email@example.com", and of the pages visited. The service provider only discloses to us aggregate information about the number and types of visitors by reference to their Domain Name Server address. This information is used by us only for preparing general statistics on the usage of our website.
Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Statement
The information collected from you will has as primary purpose to facilitate reservations at restaurants made through the DiningCity platform. This can include our events such as the Restaurant Week Plus or other event formats we operate. The information is shared with the restaurant you made a reservation to be able to facilitate the reservation at the restaurant.
Your profile will also be used to issue reward points to your account and send you marketing promotions by DiningCity itself. You can at all times opt-out of any newsletter you receive from us.
If you made a reservation through a 3rd party you the reservation information may also be visible to the 3rd party that you made the reservation through for the purpose of providing support on the reservation you made.
Standard messages you will receive from us include:
Reservation confirmation Email and or SMS
Reservation change Email and or SMS
Reservation cancellation Email and or SMS
Reservation reminder Email and or SMS
Dining experience review request Email and or SMS.
“User Cancellation Guide”
Before you cancel your account, please fully read, understand and agree to the following:
We remind you that the cancellation of your DiningCity account will result in the termination of the provisions of our service to you. Once logged out, we will delete your personal information, and other associated data will be kept in a non-retrieval, accessible, or anonymized state. This associated data may be stored for 3 years or more per local laws and regulations.
1. If you still wish to delete your account, please ensure the following beforehand:
The accounts has no associated financial transactions pending left;
There are no outstanding services provided or paid for on the account that have yet to be paid for;
There are no pending disputes or complaints reported associated to this account;
The account is a normal account and there are no records of the account being restricted or investigated;
2. DiningCity reserves the right to cancel your account without your consent if your account is involved in a dispute, including but not limited to complaints, reports, litigation, arbitration, investigations by state authorities, etc.
3. Please be sure to untie other relevant accounts before submitting your cancellation request.
4. Once your DiningCity account is cancelled, it will not be recoverable. Please back up all information and data related to your account yourself prior to the operation. By cancelling your account, you will not longer be able to use this account and will no longer be able to retrieve any content or information related to your account, even if you re-register using the same mobile number or same identifier.
5. The cancellation of your account does not imply an exemption or mitigation of the account holder’s conduct and related liabilities prior to the cancellation of this account.
1. Restaurant Week Plus
Event dates: April 28 – June 5, 2022
Public booking date: April 26, 10AM
Applicable dates and times are subject to the available booking dates and times for the event booking platform. The maximum number of people available for the booking is limited to the number of people who can be open during the booked time slot.
2. Dining process:
Reserve on the event platform on the official platform -> arrive on time and show your QR code or message to the restaurant -> enjoy dining -> write a review and share your experience
You can book the restaurant on the official website (Restaurantweek.cn ), DiningCity APP and DiningCity WeChat mini-program or on designated partner platforms that are part of the event. After the reservation is successful, you will receive a confirmation message and mail. Since the reservation is confirmed in real time, you do not need to double-check with the restaurant. You need to inform the restaurant if you have special requirements. You only need to show the reservation code when dining at the restaurant.
Note: Please book through the official pages of the event. Check if the reservation information has the event name. Such as 'China Restaurant Week Plus or Restaurant Week'. If not, it would be a general reservation that is not able to enjoy the event menu.If the reservation requires payment in advance, please refer to the information displayed in the online menu. Please ensure that the information you have reserved is accurate and that you can get in touch in time if you encounter relevant circumstances.
3. Reservation limits:
During the Restaurant Week Plus event, each user can only make a maximum of one reservation per meal type (brunch, lunch or dinner) per day, and a single reservation is limited to 8 seats or less; one user has a reservation limit of 2 times to be present at each restaurant, and must attend the restaurant and complete the most recent reservation or cancel the reservation as required before continuing to make a reservation at the restaurant. There is no limit to the number of bookings made during the promotion period, excluding the above conditions.
4. The number of people booked is the number of people who attend the dining and order the event menu. If more people than reserved join the dinner they are not eligible for the event menu and may need to wait for the extra seats, as the attended number is more than the booked number. When you need to change the number of people, please modify your booking at least 1 hour in advance (for some restaurants this time will be longer and will be noted in the reservation).
If your child shares an adult's meal, the number of people filled in the reservation can be the number of adults, and then writes in the remarks. For example, you can write “there are two adults and a 2-year-old child, and the child share the menu with the adults. Please prepare a child seat”. If there are more than one child, it would be better to communicate with the restaurant in advance to arrange an appropriate seat.
Note: If the restaurant is a cafeteria, we recommended you to communicate with the restaurant in advance.
5. If you are a vegetarian or cannot eat a certain foodhave dietary restrictions or allergies, please explain in the comment. The restaurant will arrange the menu accordingly. It is also recommended to explain your request to the restaurant upon arriving. The restaurant has the right to refuse the guest's request to replace a dish in the event menu for a specified dish due to their dietary preference. We recommend you connect with the restaurant to know about their alternative plan and advance your requests to the restaurant during the order.
As to the special requirements of the guests, such as a window seat, etc., the restaurant usually will arrange according to availability at the time of diningthe actual situation. There will be occasions when special requirements can’’t be met, and if you have special requirements, you need to tell the restaurants in advance.
6. Event bookings only include the event set menu and usually do not include additional drinks. Menus may also be subject and service fees or tax. Please refers to the menu published on the official platform, and the specifics are subject to the restaurant. If you order other things outside the set menu, please refer to the restaurant. Some restaurants will charge service fees or other taxes. Please refer to the detailed event menu.
7. If you are unable to dine at the restaurant on time, please cancel/modify online as required, cancelation and modification through phone, email, or contact with the restaurants are invalid. The cancellation/modification needs to be made at least one hour before the reservation, otherwise, the reservation will be marked as no-show by the restaurant.
Note: Some restaurants may have special requirements on the cancellation/modification time. One hour before the meal is applicable to most restaurants. Please refer to the restaurant you booked for details.
8. Please dine arrive at the restaurant on time. In the event of an emergency, forcing you to be late, please contact the restaurant in ain timely manner in case thereto see if is no seats can be available when you arrive if you, or miss the reserved time, or the time to enjoyotherwise the event set menu has endedmay not be available anymore.
9. The restaurant according to its own operational situation, seasonal problems availablity of some dishes or other force majeure factors may have to adjust the menu, bookable time, etc. during the event; the goods or services you will receive with your reservation will be subject to the final availability of the restaurant, please consult with the restaurant for details. If you are unable to accept changes to made by the restaurant, you can choose to cancel your reservation free of charge and not eat at the restaurant (there is no charge for cancellations). DiningCity cannot guarantee that the restaurant will not make any changes to its menu and other information, and does not assume any responsibility for the modification of the restaurant.
10. The event package cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers or discounts at the restaurant and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products.
11. A small number of premiumhigh-quality restaurants need to prepare freshly sourced or very premium ingredients in advance and have reserved limited seats, a deposit is required to receive reservations.
There is two ways to pay the deposit:
12. DiningCity is a reservation platform that provides restaurant guides, reservation services and event organization, and does not make any matters that occur in the restaurant other than reservations. (As a booking platform we have no control over the cooking and quality of service in the restaurant). If you have any comments or emergencies, we can however contact the restaurant on your behalf to assist you in communicating with the restaurant and seeking solutions.
13. To the extent permitted by laws and regulations, DiningCity, partners and participating restaurants have the right to make changes to the relevant content (event period, applicable conditions, etc.), subject to the information displayed on the event page.
14. For this dining promotion we are keeping a close eye on the status regarding the outbreak of COVID across multiple cities in China.
During the event, if any restaurant is unable to receive guests due to local epidemic prevention policies, DiningCity or the restaurant will contact you to inform you of the latest updates of your reservation, please pay attention to it.
Please at all times follow the government recommendations and instructions regarding dining out. Please wear a facemask when travelling to and from the restaurant, please use hand sanitizer and show your Health Code when requested to ensure a safe dining experience.
Reviews exist in two types: Verified and Unverified reviews. Verified reviews are reviews you make after having made a booking and being confirmed as a guest. (48 hours after the meal). These reviews count towards your membership level with reward points. Unverified reviews are reviews you can always write about a restaurant even without having booked.
Content: Content should be clear and factual. We recommend you to focus on the food quality, service, atmosphere / environment and the value of your dining experience. Please refrain from posting links to other websites or promotions on other sites in your reviews. We want to keep the reviews as clean and clear as possible. Please also keep the review on-topic.
Removal guidelines: Reviews may be screened and removed if the review is a repost (sometimes we get multiple reposts of the same review), clearly written by staff of the restaurant, non-descript or vague, or abusive. We also don’t condone profanity in reviews. If you have a complaint the restaurant may reply to your review or may contact you if you have booked through the reservation system. DiningCity retains the final decision in interpretation and evaluation of review content.
Support & Complaints
If there is something you need help with, doesn’t work properly, something went wrong during a reservation, or you’re not sure how to do something then please contact us. We rely on your feedback to help improve our services. You can reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021-31076100 or email@example.com (Hong Kong) or +852 2598 5655 (Hong Kong).
Restaurants we work with are of good standing, possess the correct qualifications and licenses and provide the service and experience they are capable of. If something does go wrong we can mediate between the restaurant and yourself and try to help provide a satisfactory outcome if the booking was made through DiningCity or any of our events.
By uploading images to DiningCity through its website or app you confirm that the images uploaded are your own and free other copyrights. You also agree to provide DiningCity with a license to use the image on its website or on its affiliated domains and DiningCity’s marketing campaigns and events.
Pictures should be non-offensive in nature and focus on the dining experience you had. Uploading violent, pornographic, or non-compliant images according to the guidelines of the country being hosted in may result in your account being suspended.
Liability & Conduct
DiningCity as an online dining guide, reservation service and dining event organizer is not responsible for anything that might occur in the restaurant itself. (As a website we can’t control the cook or the waitress…). We can however contact the restaurant on your behalf if an incident has occurred and try to help you find a viable outcome.
DiningCity does not tolerate abusive behavior of customers towards the restaurant or our own staff. We provide the service and support we can. We expect our customers to be equally professional and reasonable. Abuse will result in being blacklisted from our events, and threats will be reported to the relevant authorities.
Fair Use Policy
DiningCity's reservation service and events are designed to make dining out and trying more restaurants easier. However reservations made on the platform should be considered fair and reasonable in quantity and time. Users that make more than 10 reservations during a single dining event and have a Cancellation and No-show combined rate above 65% during the event are subject to the "fair use policy". The below behaviors are considered to be "seat squatting" meaning they are occupying seats and thereby blocking seats to be able to booked by other users.
● Make more than 2 pending reservations with the same menu
● Make a lot of bookings with high seat numbers at the beginning of the event and fails to complete the bookings
● Very many reservations within a very short period of dining
● Other types of booking behavior that makes it highly improbable that the reservations will be actually completed
● Selling the reservation(s)
● Transfer booking for special purpose
This type of behavior through DiningCity's services is considered against fair use and will result in accounts being blocked and reservations made being cancelled. Users will be contacted via phone / email and warned beforehand that their account is at risk based on their booking history. This will be evaluated on a case by case basis and in relation to how extreme their booking / cancellation / no-show behavior is compared to the average number of bookings per user.
DiningCity holds the final right to interpretation, explanation, and implementation of these policies. Policies are subject to change without prior notification.